Monday, March 3, 2014

DIY ABC's!

The fabric for my little girls nursery is full of every letter of the alphabet. I didn't want a 100% pink nursery so I chose these colors out of the quilt to add into the decor: Orange, blue, green, with emphasis on the pink. :) I decided to frame the ABC's to go along with the pattern on the quilt as well as coincide with these awesome colors. I bought these spray paints and so far have used them for several small nursery projects (don't worry I use a respirator when working with the nasty spray paint). 


I also purchased an 11X14 white matt that goes down to an 8X10 opening. The dollar store had these ABC's & 1,2,3's for $1 a pack so I grabbed those one day as well. 


I sprayed the letters and laid them out trying not to get two of the same color next to each other. Then I hot glued them to the backing board and put the whole ensemble in a recycled frame I sprayed white. (Spray paint can fix anything and give it a new look!) 


I had a heck of a time getting a good picture because the glass of the frame and the sunshine coming in the window were completely clashing! BUT trust me it looks great in the nursery. Total cost maybe $5 because I already had so many of the supplies. 






No comments:

Post a Comment