Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Cricut Explore Product Review

I LOVE MY CRICUT! 
There, I got that off my chest. If you are a project person, scrapbooker, crafter, organizer, decorator, or even think you might be, even in slightest bit, GET A CRICUT! I received mine as a Christmas gift in 2014 and have been busy busy busy using it ever since. 





This machine is SO versitile and can create such a LARGE array of unique items it will literally make your head spin. Visit my Pinterest Board for Cricut Projects and Ideas if you do not believe me. I have personally used the machine to cut: 

stencil material
vinyl
cardstock
printer weighted paper
window clings
label paper

And that list is VERY small compared to what the machine can actually cut. I recently used the "custom" dropdown list when searching for the stencil material and found there are about 1000 items it can cut.  

I love that once you purchase the machine you do not need to purchase ANYTHING extra. You can upload your own images into the Design Space and turn them into cut images in the matter of a few simple user friendly steps. You truly do not have to purchase anything else. No cartridges, no stencils, no dies. IF you decide you cannot find the image you're looking to cut on the world wide web, you CAN view and design with Cricut's surplus of images and only purchase images once you are truly ready to cut. In the mean time you can play around with them for as long as you want until you get your design just right! 

I would recommend getting the 12" x 24" mat to be able to create larger projects if necessary.... trust me you'll use it. If your machine doesn't have Bluetooth (I believe the newer Cricut Explore Air does) I'd recommend getting that for convenience sake. If you want some tips on some good accessories here are a few of the tools I use A LOT: 


I've used it to create so many items already! Here are a few of the projects I have used my cricut with.
Window Clings.... and the green window cling roll was a gift to me so there will be Xmas trees next year as well. 

I use the vinyl to make stencils for easy vintage sing making like this. 

I used the cricut to cut out this apron recipe card holder that I used as part of a Christmas gift this year.


I used the cricut to cut out stencil material I used to trace out these patterns for burlap ornaments. 

Another sign made with cricut vinyl as a stencil. 

First cricut project ever! I used card stock to make this sign and modge podged it to a board. 

One of my favorite quotes cut with the cricut out of cardstock and vinyl for this cute Valentine decoration. 

Upcycled these old frames for a friend with some cricut vinyl. 

Made a stencil used to paint this planter for a friend. 

Custom Birthday invites from cardstock for my baby girl! 

Vinyl used as as stencil for these shabby chic garden signs. 

Another sign for a friend. 

These are only a few of the many projects I have completed with the help of my Cricut. Overall I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Cricut Explore and cannot say enough good things about the product and all of the accessories. My husband was 100% right when he decided to get me this gift for Christmas. Every-time I use it I remind him of how much this was the best gift ever! He got me the Cricut Cuttlebug this Christmas so watch for a review on that one in the coming months as well. 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment