Saturday, February 22, 2014

U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame

I started this blog in hopes I would use my camera more and truly take advantage of every opportunity here on the home-front. Whether these opportunities take place at my craft table, in my kitchen, in my garden, or right here in beautiful MN I want to take advantage of everything and tell the world all about it! It's what I do and I suppose its why I live here (even though it's so damn cold and we have more snow then we know what to do with!). 

So today, that led me to visiting the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame. I was lucky enough to have my hubby along for the ride as well. It was VERY windy and much to cold to go on any other types of adventures today so we spent a few hours taking advantage of this opportunity right near our home. I grew up in Eveleth, MN... AKA Hockey Capital, U.S.A. Yet I had never been to the Hockey Hall of Fame until today! 


The United States Hockey Hall of Fame! 

 


If I were more of a hockey enthusiast I'd consider making one of these chairs! Pretty cool! Also, the scoreboard from the original Mighty Ducks Movie!


Old version of the one and only "ZAMBONI"... ha ha. 



Awe, the 1980 "Miracle on Ice"! If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about you have got to watch the movie, Miracle! It was a different time and this game changed the world! 


We also decided while we were out of the house and in the area we should probably visit the "BIG STICK". It's the worlds largest hockey stick! With all the snow we got during the last couple of days it was hard to get too close to it, but we managed to snap a picture! 



It was nice to take advantage and learn more of the history of the sport that is deeply in-bedded in my hometown. Sometimes you just have to take a minute to STOP, and check out the places that you drive by everyday. Now on to the next project since I'm back in my warm house! Brr... this MN winter is getting colder and longer every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment